4 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2016 8:12 AM by Littleman

Bug: Remove randomly system placed items from level pieces?

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, I've been looking at all the settings but can't seem to figure out what's wrong...

I built a map on my gf's XBone and downloaded it on my PS4. The original map is called Four Hoursemen, I made some tweaks on my PS4 and republished it as Four Hoursemen 1.5.

The problem I'm having is that when I play it there a bunch of random health packs and armor shard around the level that I didn't place there. If you download it and edit it, you can see the items that I placed around the map, and then play it you will see a bunch of random health packs and armored shard laying around random corners.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I went digging around the settings to thinking there's a toggle for random items in the level, but couldn't find anything like that.

Any help will do. It's not a deal breaking bug, but it's definitely weird.

Thanks.

NecrumWarrior

Did you check the Item Settings? There's probably one on the map that's set up to spawn drops when played.

Hmmm... taking your advice, I ran through each item settings and took a look but everything looks normal.

I don't think the problem is related to anything I'm doing because there's randomly place items that I'm not using in the editor. For example: when i go into play mode the map there's a randomly placed health regeneration item tucked in the corner in one of the hallways. When I go back to edit mode, that health regeneration isn't there.

Thanks for the assistance.

litesoulblue

Are you using the item spawn settings?

Littleman

Item spawn is set active, probably on starting the map.  In item spawn you can determine the frequency of randomly spawned weapons, small items, medium items, large items, and power ups.  It's good for map makers that don't want to hassle with dropping down supplies into their map or just filling in the map in general while saving a ton on network space (which anything placed and visible in game eats like I do pizza and candy.)

The node you're looking for is a beg hexagon with a bracketed shield, cross, and gun.