6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2016 11:22 AM by NecrumWarrior

Will id software fix the offline for snapmap?

Helghast-Elite350

Am i the only one who sees this? I've stated this problem before but when playing snapmap offline SP, there are two issues with it that I know for a fact can easily be fixed and needs to be fixed ASAP: #1- game doesn't pause when you pause, #2- we gain Zero snapmap points when playing custom SP levels whether it was made by you or someone else, also we can't complete challenges offline either. The only way we can get offline snapmap points is by playing the official modes that shipped with the base game, doing the snapmap tutorials, and the snapmap puzzles, this needs to be fixed and should be easy to do so since it doesn't require effort. Is id software and Bethesda even seeing these requests?

Helghast-Elite350

Bump

NecrumWarrior

I think the root of the problem with downloaded maps, is that it changes the current owner to you, the downloader. So it registers like you're playing one of your own maps, which you really wouldn't make progress on challenges on (even though you can totally play your own maps online and earn points). I think it just need straight up different settings for Solo Lobbies so people can pause. They are going to patch, we don't know when though because id is being tight lipped. Hopefully they include some single player fixes.

NecrumWarrior

And according to a recent stream, yes id is reading tons of these posts, they just aren't responding. So they are listening.

Helghast-Elite350

What bothers me the most besides not earning challenges offline is that the game doesn't pause when playing solo which is extremely ridiculous. What if you had to use the bathroom? Answer the phone? Checking on the front door, attending to your pet(s), or if you wanted to get a drink?

As for earning snapmap points offline there is no excuse for not being able to get them in custom SP levels because when you do the tutorials, snapmap puzzles, and play the official modes solo you gain snapmap points offline but you gain zero points when playing custom SP levels offline which is stupid and should be fixed along with the pause function. This is all that need fixing for offline snapmap which should be extremely easy. As for other things, we need hell levels and more demons added.

Riomaki

Helghast-Elite350 wrote:

What bothers me the most besides not earning challenges offline is that the game doesn't pause when playing solo which is extremely ridiculous. What if you had to use the bathroom? Answer the phone? Checking on the front door, attending to your pet(s), or if you wanted to get a drink?

Or sneeze.  Sneezing is deadly in this game. XD

NecrumWarrior

You only gain those points for completing multiples of the tutorials though, not for just playing them. You have to literally be checking all of them off. I don't think the Tutorials are comparable.