Previous First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last Next 132 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2016 9:38 AM by evanpox Branched to a new discussion.

Creation Kit Updates: PS4 Mod Upload Support and New Security for Uploading Mods on Bethesda.net

ashileedo

from dev notes

In preparation for the upcoming PS4 private mod beta, PS4 Mod support is now available with the latest Creation Kit Update. Modders, please update to the latest Creation Kit to start uploading your mods for PS4.

NEW FEATURES AND FIXES

• Uploading mods to Bethesda.net requires Fallout 4 ownership via a Steam-linked Bethesda.net account
        • To link your Bethesda.net account, start Fallout 4, select Mods, and log in. This automatically links your Bethesda.net account to your Steam ID.
      • General optimizations and bug fixes

KNOWN ISSUES WITH PS4 MODS

• PC textures are used. Memory and performance issues may occur. We are working with Sony on optimal texture exporting support in a future update.
      • Sound files are currently not supported. PS4 sound format is a proprietary format. We are working with Sony on sound file processing support in a future update.
      • PS4 Mod Storage limit is approximately 900 MB at present. Please do not upload mods larger than 900 MB. We are working with Sony to increase this limit.

The Closed Beta for PS4 Mods is close to ready. Stay tuned here and follow us at @bethesdastudios for updates. Note: Modders who have uploaded a PS4 mod to Bethesda.net will be invited to the PS4 Mods Closed Beta forums to help with testing.

BlueBeer

odd, worked for me.  I haven't found the linking either.

TheRealElianora

You guys implemented the Steam link really fast! I'm impressed, thank you so much. That is fantastic.

asmodes_reynolds

Does the link apply for Xbox one as well?

TheRealElianora

No, it's just for mod creators.    

ddproductions83

Ya they amazingly finally got something a self respecting website would have had months ago on day 1 before release, thank you bethesda for getting the bare minimum done, you are so great for finally doing what needed to be done.

0 Thanks from here, this should have been done initially and it's about d**n time. Now Some of us can get back to modding instead of fighting the theft nonstop, maybe. Also the criminals thank you for the grace period and you will probably see a slew of stolen mods in the next week now even more so than before...

Step 1: Make platform with bare minimum needed to operate horrible

Step 2: Wait for the s*** to hit the fan

Step 3: Wait longer and placate with words

Step 4: Do what should have been done in the first place at the minimal and reap the praise and adulation for 'saving' the mod community.

Step 5: Profit

asmodes_reynolds

I know, but are they just implementing it for the PlayStation mod section, or both at this point?

TheRealElianora

I don't think you understand what the Steam linking means....

QuantumCurt

Awesome news! Thanks for adding the Steam linking so quickly! This is going to offer a lot more protection for mod authors.

asmodes_reynolds

This means that a mod author needs to have an account that's linked to a Steam account. This is only for uploading mods, and it's required regardless of the platform for which the mod is being uploaded.

That specific update is to the entire modding framework, and isn't specifically related to the PS4 aspects of this update.

Grumpy-Gazz

Untitled.png

How Do I Link It ???

asmodes_reynolds

Steam link links your bethesda.net to your steam account…..

But that doesn’t necessarily mean, that it is required to upload for all platforms….

Given their track record so far. I wouldn’t put it past them to only implemented on one side, as a test before implementing on both……

I'm assuming nothing without confirmation at this point.....

ddproductions83

In a bizarre and completely unforeseen twist (Except to anyone who actually knows how this sluggish monstrosity of lies works) The feature they touted,... doesn't work/ins't implemented yet... roflmao

It's about on par with that "Malicious code" scanning they say they do

asmodes_reynolds

Login to using game Client first.. Then try again

QuantumCurt

asmodes_reynolds wrote:

Steam link links your bethesda.net to your steam account…..

But that doesn’t necessarily mean, that it is required to upload for all platforms….

Given their track record so far. I wouldn’t put it past them to only implemented on one side, as a test before implementing on both……

I'm assuming nothing without confirmation at this point.....

That's exactly what it means. To upload mods to the site, regardless of the platform for which they're being uploaded, you need an account that's linked to your Steam account. I suppose it's possible that it hasn't yet been implemented across the board, but that's the eventual plan in any case.

Grumpy-Gazz

Ok I feel I have confused Issues, because my steam account was already linked to my original beth.net account which bugged out a gave me 2 different usernames. Unlinking from that has allowed me to fix things. for ref.This is not the account I signed in on

For those who missed the post, you just need to log in to your PC / Steam fallout and click on mods to link your account, this will enable CK uploads once more.

Previous First 1 2 3 Last Next