6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2016 11:38 AM by AtomicUs5000

Keep inventory on death

laokin

So does this feature only work if you don't use an on spawn loadout function?

DarkMasterK

I think it only reliably works on items like keycards and power cores.  I think it's supposed to work on weapons, too, but it's broken or perhaps it simply isn't meant to apply to weapons for some reason (quite possibly the case here).  It sometimes works when a death occurs in a lockdown room respawn (not always, though, and maybe applying loadouts directly to player spawn objects helps alleviate problems, not entirely sure about that, though), but otherwise, it pretty much never works on weapons ever.  It absolutely does not work when a death occurs outside a room that is under lockdown, regardless of whether or not you're applying a loadout on a player proxy object or the player spawnpoint itself.

The simple answer is that there's no way to reliably keep a player's weapon loadout after a death as far as I know.  To counter this without using a "one life" solution I would suggest that you set weapon placements to respawn on 0.1 seconds or something like that so you aren't totally screwed by having to finish the level using the default shotgun without weapon mods.  Hopefully they'll fix this when they add that weapon wheel feature, since it is rather annoying for weapons to not stay in the player's inventory after a death has occurred.  Checkpoints would be a nice feature to have, too, since it's annoying that a mission failure in a "campaign" Snapmap involves having to reload the entire map and having to start over from the very beginning.

AtomicUs5000

If you don't use a loadout, and have the settings set to keep inventory, you will indeed keep your weapons.

Give the loadout "on match joined" instead of "on spawned" if you want the player to start with something other than the basic shotgun and still keep accumulated weapons after dying. Player proxy > on match joined > give loadout.

I was able to do this for a single player map I made. Not sure about maps for 2 or more players, but I'm guessing it should work there also using the custom filter on the player proxy to specify player 1, player 2, etc.

Hope this helps!

Edit: DarkMasterK, you can create checkpoints by placing multiple spawn locations. Deactivate the "checkpoint" spawn locations on map started, then use a trigger to deactivate the original/last spawn location and activate new spawn locations as needed.

laokin

I tried on match joined and it would not give the loadout.

You can't keep inventory if on spawn you grant a loadout -- the loadout overwrites you inventory when you spawn.  I solved this with box triggers.

20160706032812_1.jpg

Box trigger grant loadout upon entering the trigger and then setting it to delete after activating.

Pvt_Warbear

Edit: DarkMasterK, you can create checkpoints by placing multiple spawn locations. Deactivate the "checkpoint" spawn locations on map started, then use a trigger to deactivate the original/last spawn location and activate new spawn locations as needed.

You can also achieve a checkpoint-style respawn if you use "respawn in module" connected to a lockdown.

AtomicUs5000

I guess that would work. I would just do a on match joined give weapon -> Inventory to replace that initial loadout you were using. Then with keep inventory on, you're all set.