8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2016 3:58 PM by Ivvx

If I buy cards....during Beta Testing...

Rifter6

If we purchase cards during this Beta Testing stage, do we stand to lose them in an official launch?

Also, Bethseda, you'll want to fix the music after the end of a game.  It cuts off when the graphic does very abrasively... Obviously this is beta.  Just needs polishing to get up to Heathstone & Hex standards. 

AAND.. I'd make the rarity icons on cards more prominent.

Triedeon

I also want to know......

Hucklebarry

Bethesda said that the wipe before Open Beta was the last planned wipe.

sparkypi

Well, in the open beta user agreement, it said your account could be reset at any time with no recompense to you, so if there is a reset, you will lose any purchased cards and - I believe more painfully - all of the hard work you put into your account. Hopefully this doesn't happen to those who have worked to lv 8+ or purchased many cards, but it may happen. If what Hucklebarry said is true, then the section of the beta terms below may have no effect, but be warned that there are no guarantees. It says regular and unscheduled, so even if the regular wipes Huckle mentioned are over, there may still be unscheduled wipes.

"During the course of the Beta Trial, regular and unscheduled wipes of player progression (which may include characters, character names, guild names and/or other personas) and/or saved games (which may include inventory) may occur at any time, at the sole discretion of ZeniMax. ZeniMax makes no guarantees about the persistence or availability of player progression or inventory items at any time during the Beta Trial and assumes no liability for lost or deleted account data, including character data."

Note the part where it says "no liability for lost or deleted account data". If I am correct, that applies to purchased packs as well. Then again, I have absolutely no experience w/ legal problems and the like, I'm just recounting what I have read to you guys.

For reference, the quoted section is Section 6 Paragraph 5 of the Beta Trial and Confidentiality Agreement

nekollx

Legal mumbo jumbo doesnt protect from bad press, i garonetee you if some player who invested hundred of $$ in a dekc (you know their out there) wakes up one day wiped IGN and the like will be ALL over it like flies on dung. Companies really need to learn just cause you made a clause to protect you from legal back lash media backlash is far worse.

Ivvx

Intent-wise, Dire Wolf and Bethesda have been repeating for weeks now on Twitter, Facebook, the Forums and Reddit that there are no more planned wipes and that "the game is the game, play it". No intention to wipe anymore.

So all in all - no, no more planned wipes unless "something major happens/goes wrong".

And even in that unlikely event, they would give you the packs you bought with real money back to your account. The problem, of course, would be that weeks of grinding, ranks, titles, moonstones, gold and all the cards you earned would be gone. But there's no intention for that to happen.

Rifter6

Thanks for all your thoughtful responses. Overall I feel pretty good about it. It would be sad by now if they had a wife with no compensation or return. Since I've already purchased over $100. I do like the game and the direction. I do hope they polish it up some though.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 5:26 AM, Ivvx<no-reply@bethesdaforums.net> wrote:  

|

Bethesda.net Forums 

|

If I buy cards....during Beta Testing...

reply from Ivvx in The Elder Scrolls: Legends General Discussion - View the full discussion

Intent-wise, Dire Wolf and Bethesda have been repeating for weeks now on Twitter, Facebook, the Forums and Reddit that there are no more planned wipes and that "the game is the game, play it". No intention to wipe anymore.

So all in all - no, no more planned wipes unless "something major happens/goes wrong".

And even in that unlikely event, they would give you the packs you bought with real money back to your account. The problem, of course, would be that weeks of grinding, ranks, titles, moonstones, gold and all the cards you earned would be gone. But there's no intention for that to happen.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Bethesda.net Forums

Start a new discussion in The Elder Scrolls: Legends General Discussion by email or at Bethesda.net Forums

Following If I buy cards....during Beta Testing... in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Bethesda.net Forums because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Bethesda.net Forums, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

Need additional assistance? Contact us at: http://help.bethesda.net

©2016 Bethesda Softworks, a ZeniMax Media company. All Rights Reserved.

TERMS OF SERVICE      PRIVACY POLICY      CODE OF CONDUCT

This email was sent by: Bethesda Softworks, a ZeniMax Media company - 1370 Piccard Dr, Rockville, MD 20850, UNITED STATES

|

JetTheseNuts

Lol ive already spent $30 for packs, rest assured if ZeniMax does do a wipe and i wind up losing the cards i purchased with "No Recompense, No Liability" BS clause ill just call my bank and have them reverse the charges and tell Zenimax to F#%$ off and not bother playing their game anymore =/ no sweat off my back. And any bank will gladly revert the charges, if you are paying for anything and its taken away with no recompense for no reason then that is against consumer rights and will be refunded. If they wanna be scumbag ******* and do something like that ill just go back to Hearth stone or wait for Gwent to release idc.

Ivvx

Guys you're all getting worked up over something that neither has ever, nor will ever happen. In this game, or any other for that matter.

They wiped the game once previously and refunded everyone every last dollar spent on it in the form of packs and tickets to the accounts. After that they said there wouldn't be any more wipes and that's the official stance now. OF COURSE they will refund you the packs and tickets you bought if they do wipe it. They're not gonna run away with your money or something. The Beta agreement states what it states because like any other similar agreement, it primarily serves to protect the company against the players and not the other way around (it's the same with any other company or industry on the planet). It's normal and doesn't really say anything about the intentions of the company itself to its customers. And to think that a massive gaming behemoth like Bethesda can or would run anywhere over a tiny profit from a beta of a game when they have a reputation to maintain and hundreds of millions of dollars to profit from their good reputation and player base is "stretching it a bit" to put it mildly.

So relax and if you want to buy packs and tickets, buy away. They're safe. The worst that could happen - and it hopefully won't - is that you'll lose progress and have to reopen them and redo all your runs. But that's about it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful