8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2016 2:34 PM by Kryytus

This game needs a better monthly reset

Shaider

Hi all.

I think this game needs better monthly resets.

Currently, everyone rank 4 to legend gets dumped together in rank 5. Everyone rank 5 to 8 gets dumped together in rank 9. Etc.

This causes a real problem for people who are at the weaker ranks, and makes it no fun for them at the beginning of the month.

This is from personal experience and from the many threads on the forums that complain about facing decks much better than theirs. I think this is the true problem that causes those threads.

I think this would be much better if everyone were set back 5 ranks, instead.

Everyone could then enjoy playing at the beginning of the month and not face as many players of much higher (or lower) rank.

Note that the matchmaking system would still not be ideal, but at least the constant huge imbalances at the beginning of the month would be avoided.

ImpalerWrG

I agree this would be a considerable improvement and should be implemented

Wavathar

I think this would be much better if everyone were set back 5 ranks, instead.

I was surprised when I was at rank 5 at the beggining of the season. I wouldn't mind starting at rank 9, to be honest. It's a new season, after all.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Kryytus

I agree. At least it should be done for ranks 2-11 I think that all rank 1 and legend should be on the same spot at the start of the season this makes it more competitive and gives some time to the other ranks to catch up.

Shaider

I am not sure I understand the comment?

Under my suggestion, legend players would still be in the same place at the start of the season ... they would still start at rank 5.

Rank 1 players would start at rank 6 instead of rank 5.

Are you saying rank 1 should be grouped with legend and end up in rank 5?

I would think rank 6 is close enough to rank 5, and they would play against other previously rank 1 players at the start of the season.

This would seem more appropriate to me. They would not be forced to play against the legend players quite as much.

heronww

Good suggestion. Also I don't like the lumping of "legend and r1". As an r1 player myself I find making the jump to legendary to be incredibly difficult and out of reach, and that single rank to be a big difference in skill level I haven't yet acquired. Rank 5 + last season rank should be the pushback.

blitzocious

I doubt tinkering with starting positions as suggested will make much difference except for players rank 4 and higher who get lumped with the legend players. The recent removal of bonus wins from rank 5 up shows that its intentional to make it tougher for these players to rank up, and I support that.

Shaider

Yes, as a rank 4 player last season I got lumped with the legend players at the start of the season.

Glad you can see why I would prefer not to get lumped with them!

Kryytus

@Shaider Yeah I think that all rank 1 and legendary players should be grouped in 5 at the start of the season. And from 2 and up lose 4 ranks. This would make it harder to reach legend at the beginning of the season for the rank 1 and legends and allow the other players to have a more smooth experience.

1 of 1 people found this helpful